By David J Murphy
Basic venture administration for software program improvement.
- Managing software program improvement tasks simply
- Configuring a venture administration server
- Installing, configuring, and utilizing Trac
- Installing and utilizing Subversion
Trac is a minimalistic open-source more suitable wiki and bug/issue monitoring procedure for software program improvement initiatives, designed to aid builders whereas staying out of ways and offers an interface to Subversion. Subversion is an open-source model regulate procedure that addresses the various perceived deficiencies of CVS and will use WebDAV for community communications, and the Apache internet server to supply repository-side community carrier.
This ebook offers an easy set of methods and practices that let you deal with those tasks utilizing open-source software program with no going in the way in which via implementing as low as attainable on tested improvement practices and rules.
This ebook appears at what's had to deal with software program improvement initiatives, how web-based software program venture administration method Trac and open-source revision keep an eye on method Subversion meet those wishes, and the way to put in, configure, and use them.
What you are going to study from this publication?
- The fundamentals of Trac and Subversion
- Installing Trac and Subversion on Microsoft home windows and Linux
- Creating a Subversion repository
- Creating a Trac undertaking environment
- How to make Documentation effortless utilizing Trac and Subversion
- How to customise your project
- Version keep an eye on in Trac
This booklet combines thought with useful wisdom of ways Trac and Subversion can assist us to accomplish the method of dealing with the software program improvement.
Who this booklet is written for?
This booklet is geared toward builders of all calibres, yet rather those who lead groups or tasks, particularly in the event that they have lately moved into the position or are easily trying to find a "better way".